- Athens, Greece, known for its ancient ruins and museums, also offers beautiful beaches and beach hotels for travelers to enjoy.
- The beach hotels in Athens offer stunning views of the Aegean Sea and provide a range of amenities, including outdoor and indoor pools, spas, fitness centers, and delicious Mediterranean cuisine.
- Athenians have popular beach destinations, including Vouliagmeni, Glyfada, and Varkiza, among others.
- It is recommended to spend a minimum of three days in Athens to explore the city's sites and enjoy the nearby beaches.
Well, hello there, dear beach-loving traveler! Ready for some fun in the sun?
Everyone knows that staying at a beach hotel is the best way to enjoy the seaside. And where better to do that than in Athens, Greece?
Well, yes, it is. But that doesn't mean you can't take a break from all that culture and history to soak up some rays and frolic in the waves.
So, my friend, don't let Athens' reputation as a cultural mecca deter you from enjoying beachy bliss, as a day on the sand is one of the best things to do in Athens.
Pack your swimsuit, grab a bottle of sunscreen, and book a room at one of the fabulous luxury hotels in Athens by the beach. Trust us; your inner beach bum will thank you.
The Best Beach Hotels in Athens
The beach hotels in Athens are some of the best around.
Not only do they offer stunning views of the crystal-clear waters of the Aegean Sea, but they also come with all the amenities you could ever want. Not to mention that most of them offer paid airport shuttle service and free private parking, amenities you will also come across in Athens airport hotels!
Need an outdoor pool to cool off in after a day of sunbathing? Check. How about an indoor lap pool? Check. Want a spa to pamper yourself with a massage? Check. Like terrace and sea views? Check. Craving some delicious Mediterranean cuisine? You guessed it, check.
If that’s not enough, staying at a beach hotel in Athens is the perfect excuse to indulge in local specialties, like fresh seafood and ouzo (the Greek version of liquid courage).
Who needs a boring old history lesson when you can have a plate of grilled octopus and a shot of anise-flavored liquor?
Four Seasons Astir Palace, Vouliagmeni
If you want to feel like a Greek god or goddess, the Four Seasons Astir Palace Athens is the place to be.
You'll be living your best life with a private beach, three swimming pools, and a spa that'll make you forget all your troubles. Yes, you read that right. A private sandy beach with a private beach area that will sweep you off your feet!
Living it up in the lap of luxury will have you thinking, ‘Who doesn't love feeling fancy?’.
Why we love it:
- Each suite and room has breathtaking sea views.
- Guests can have the best of both worlds by exploring the imposing Acropolis, which is within walking distance, and returning to this luxury hotel made of dreams.
- All the guests’ wellness needs are taken care of with the offer of private fitness suites and a fitness center.
Aegeon Beach Hotel, Sounio
If you're looking for a hotel that'll make you feel like you're living in a postcard picture, look no further than the Athens Riviera Aegon. Under the gaze of Poseidons’ temple, enjoy enchanting Sounion sunset views and a luxurious infinity pool. You'll forget all your worries here in paradise. Plus, Aegeon Hotel serves some killer cocktails.
Why we love it:
- Aegon has an exclusive section for guests on Sounio Beach with different types of sunbeds.
- The hotel has impressive Greek food and two fantastic beach bars.
- This is the ideal place to combine luxurious living with a peaceful, quiet stay away from the bustling city.
Cape Sounio Grecotel Exclusive Resort, Athenian Riviera
If you want to live like the gods of Greek mythology (or at least a very affluent mortal), Cape Sounio Grecotel is the place to be. This ‘Cape of Myth’ has a private beach, an award-winning spa, and some seriously swanky accommodations; you'll feel like you're living in a 5-star fantasy. Don't forget to pack your toga!
Why we love it:
- They have numerous activities to entertain guests and families, from golf to sailing and even yoga.
- The hotel offers a 24-hour concierge WhatsApp service that makes attending to your needs fuss-free.
- The resort has a selection of not one, not two, but five different restaurants, all with a unique twist to make your dining experiences unforgettable.
Somewhere Boutique Hotel, Vouliagmeni
At Somewhere Boutique Hotel in Vouliagmeni, you can finally take a break from the hustle and bustle of real life and indulge in some much-needed pampering. The luxurious rooms come with all the amenities you never knew you needed. The towels are fluffy, the minibar is fully stocked, and the sea is just a hop, skip, and belly flop away.
Why we love it:
- This is the perfect private getaway hotel, with only eleven rooms, offering all the solitude you could dream of.
- Lutetia Bistro offers poolside light bites, crafty cocktails, and candle-lit fine dining to meet your every craving.
- The hotel offers somewhere to rest, unwind, and work, with meeting rooms, a lobby, a lounge, and workspaces in every suite.
Grand Resort Lagonissi, Athenian Riviera
Grand Resort Lagonissi is one of the most luxurious beach resorts located on the Athenian Riviera. Their rooms are so luxurious you'll forget you're not royalty. This is the perfect place to indulge in a five-star experience while enjoying the beauty of the Mediterranean. Feeling peckish? The breakfast buffet has enough options to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters - unless they're allergic to happiness.
Why we love it:
- The stunning location and breathtaking views of the sea.
- The top-notch service from the friendly and attentive staff.
- The luxurious amenities and variety of adrenaline beach sports.
Final Thoughts | Best Beach Hotels in Athens
Why go to a boring old landlocked hotel when you can go to a beach hotel in Athens? We promise that a private pool will not hold a candle to the shimmering water of the Greek sea.
Athens has everything you need for the perfect vacation: ancient ruins, delicious food, and some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
So why not sip a cool drink by the sea and enjoy some famous Greek hospitality? You won't regret it - unless you forget to pack sunscreen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Athens Good For a Beach Holiday?
Athens is an excellent destination for a beach holiday, as it offers a perfect blend of history, culture, and seaside relaxation. Visitors can explore ancient ruins and museums in the morning and spend the afternoon lounging on the beautiful beaches of the Athenian Riviera, such as Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, or Varkiza.
How Many Days to Spend in Athens?
Ideally, a minimum of three days in Athens is recommended to explore the city's ancient sites and soak up the sun on the nearby beaches. However, if you want to delve deeper into the local culture, art, and cuisine, you may need more time.
Where Do Athenians Go to The Beach?
Athenians have plenty of beach options in the city and the suburbs. Some popular beach destinations among locals include Vouliagmeni, Glyfada, and Varkiza, which offer crystal-clear waters, sandy beaches, and beach bars. Other nearby beaches, such as Lagonissi, Anavyssos, and Sounion, are popular among Athenians.