Best of Athens in One Day: Acropolis & City Tour with Transfer
Embark on a full-day tour around the most important sites of Athens; visit the Acropolis, the Acropolis Museum and the city's historic center in the comfort of your luxury vehicle, to discover the many faces of this vibrant metropolis.
Are you visiting Athens only for a couple of days? Don’t worry, you can still go through 2.500 years of culture and history in only 7 hours! Join us for a scenic, see-it-all tour around the vibrant Athenian city and let us take you on a journey throughout ancient and modern Athens. Discover the Acropolis, the Acropolis Museum and the city highlights with a fun and knowledgeable guide in the comfort of your private vehicle!
Private city tour with a modern Mercedes mini-van
A 7-hour grand tour that includes the Acropolis, Acropolis Museum and Athens' historic city center
Expert licensed guide and archaeologist
Complementary skip-the-line Acropolis tickets service
After your guide picks you up from your hotel on foot, your tour kicks off with – what else? – the sacred Acropolis Hill. With our expert tour guide by your side, you will learn everything about the monumental buildings of the Acropolis, including the godly Parthenon, the Temple of Nike, the Propylaea and the sacred Erechtheion. Descending the Acropolis Hill, you will reach the Acropolis Museum, where you'll have the chance to admire exhibits and artifacts nearly 3.000 years old. Following your visit to the museum, you'll explore the emblematic buildings of Athens’ neoclassical architecture by walking through Plaka, the picturesque “island-like" neighborhood in the heart of Athens, home to the Choragic Monument of Lysicrates!
After a refueling lunch break, hop on your luxury vehicle and start your city tour across Athens' most important monuments, including the Library of Hadrian and the Temple of Olympian Zeus. Continue to the multicolored Monastiraki, with its vivid flea market, and dip your toes into 18th and 19th century Athens by driving around Syntagma Square, home to the Greek Parliament since the establishment of the new Greek state. Right next to the imposing building, you will breathe in the scent of the hundreds of plant species found in the National Garden and marvel at the Panathenaic Stadium, where the 1st modern Olympic Games took place! This tour is definitely one of the best things to do in Athens!
By the time we say goodbye, you’ll have seen the best of Athens on a tour that encompasses the city’s most important elements: history, architecture, and the locals' everyday life.
What you will see on this tour:
- The Acropolis
- The Acropolis Museum
- Syntagma Square and the Presidential Guard
- The Temple of Olympian Zeus and Hadrian’s Arch
- The Choragic Monument of Lysicrates
- The Panathenaic Stadium
- Plaka neighborhood, the oldest and most beautiful in Athens
- Monastiraki Square and Hadrian’s Library
- A 7-hour private walking tour of Athens with an excellent licensed tour guide
- Private guided tour to the Acropolis, the Acropolis Museum, and Athens' highlights
- Services of English-speaking driver and luxury Mercedes mini-van during the city tour
- Hotel pick up on foot, provided that your hotel is located within walking distance from the starting point of the tour (10-15 mins)
- All taxes and VAT
- Your lunch
- Hotel pick-up with a luxury vehicle (can be arranged)
- Tickets of the archaeological sites (we can pre-purchase Acropolis tickets for you)
- This is a tour with a licensed expert guide: As we want to offer the best service to our guests, we have carefully selected expert licensed guides to ensure the best experience possible. Our team consists of a group of young professionals of high expertise in the fields of Archaeology, History or graduates of the official 'Greek State School of Tour Guides.' Hence, they are well-trained to share their knowledge with the public in an interesting and fun way. Their academic background works as a springboard immersing you into the wealth of Greek culture and holding your undivided attention for the whole duration of the tour. Despite the aforementioned assets, though, it is their enthusiastic character and passion for their field of study that unquestionably guarantees you a memorable tour experience.
- About the Lunch: We suggest that you take a break for lunch after visiting the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum. Your guide will be able to make great restaurant recommendations, but please let us know in case you'd like us to make reservations beforehand.