- Athens Airport hotels offer a convenient option for travelers dealing with late-night flights and early-morning departures.
- These hotels provide a wide range of amenities, from pools to free Wi-Fi, enhancing the travel experience.
- Notable options include Sofitel Athens Airport, Holiday Inn Athens Attica, Dolce by Wyndham, and Seasabelle Hotel, each offering unique features for guests.
- Staying at an Athens airport hotel ensures a stress-free start or end to your Athens vacation, with nearby attractions and convenient transportation options readily available.
Late-night flight bookings, nasty layovers, and getting up before the roosters do to rush to the airport—Athens airport shenanigans are not for the weak-hearted.
From seafront villas to tastefully decorated suites, hotels near the airport are filled with a wide variety of types of accommodation choices.
Need help determining which convenient homesteads will soar past your travel expectations?
We’ll guide you through the top Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos (AIA) hotels to ensure an unforgettable trip to Greece and the one and only hotel for you.
Airport Hotels in Athens | Best Spots for Long Layovers
Whether traveling with kids or jetting off on a honeymoon in Greece, nearby hotels to Athens Airport are a superb choice for tourists looking for convenience.
These hotels are the perfect way to experience Greek living while staying close to the various airport terminals.
This way, you can feel secure that you won't be missing your flight with Aegean Airlines, Olympic Air, or any other international airline company.
Not to mention that due to their premium nature, guests in these hotels can enjoy everything from an indoor heated pool, an outdoor pool, free parking, free Wi-Fi with high-speed internet to free shuttle service and gourmet dining options.
Sofitel Athens Airport (Spata)
The Sofitel Athens Airport Hotel, located only 260 meters away from Athens Airport, is a 5-star establishment and a surefire way to ensure you make your flight (even if you snooze your alarm).
With a location just a few minutes walk from the airport, you can watch flights take off while soaking in the indoor swimming pool.
With a variety of luxury amenities and stunning suites to choose from, this Greek haven of a hotel is an iconic way to make any trip to Athens a decadent experience.
Why We Love It:
- It’s a pet-friendly place that offers a top-class stay for your fur baby.
- The stunning restaurant has a wide range of Greek food options to sample.
- The hair salon and spa is the perfect place to cure any flight fatigue.
Holiday Inn Athens Attica (Athens)
A top choice for big families visiting Greece with kids to settle in after a long flight; the Holiday Inn is the perfect place for individuals looking for a contemporary hotel near Athens Airport, a little off Athens city center.
From free WiFi and a dedicated fitness center to a business center, you’ll have a treasure trove of amenities to enjoy and explore at your disposal in this luxury hotel in Athens.
Why We Love It:
- The Golden Bar on the premises is the ultimate way to sip away jet lag.
- Children under the age of 17 can eat and stay for free when staying in their parent’s room (talk about a bargain!).
- The perfect blend of contemporary and modern styling and design.
Dolce by Wyndham (Brauron)
With picture-perfect beachfront views and decor that inhabits the opulent feel of an idyllic Greece vacation, you’ll have a ball at this 5-star stay with stylish rooms.
This Villa Vravrona Tower has various accommodation choices, including the secluded wonders of a private villa.
If you’re looking to add a slice of fitness to your exciting Athens trip, Dolce by Wyndgam has various sports facilities to enjoy.
Why We Love It:
- The Aegeo Spa is a must if you’re looking to pamper yourself in paradise.
- The variety of eateries on the premises allows one to experience a kaleidoscope of flavors.
- The views of the sparkling waters from the hotel are the ultimate way to start any morning.
Seasabelle Hotel (Artemis)
A modern architectural marvel right by the exquisite beach of Artemida, the Seasabelle Hotel is an excellent choice for individuals looking to indulge in the finer things in life.
With a rooftop bar overlooking the sea and an Italian restaurant to enjoy a glass of vino or two, this happening haven is the place to be.
Why We Love It:
- The beach bar is an excellent place for people to soak up the gorgeous sunny rays of Athens in style.
- The hotel location is a great pick for travelers looking to be close to the Eleftherios Venizelos Airport as well as major attractions, such as the Attica Zoological Park.
- Unparalleled views from the rooftop bar.
Final Thoughts on Athens Airport Hotels
While many central Athens travel itineraries are jam-packed with fun and exciting activities, you’ll have the opportunity to cut down on time (and stress) by staying in one of Athens Airport hotels, easily connected to the city's heart via the Athens Attica Av.
Whether you are spending one day in Athens or a few hours, hotels within eyeshot of the airport are a great way to start any vacation to the capital of Greece.
Pack your bags and prepare for takeoff, as Athens airport hotels will have your dream vacation take flight.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is an Overnight Stay Possible at the Airport?
While, technically, you can set up shop with a bag under your head and brave the busy terminals for a nap, this method could be more comfortable.
With swarms of tourists and as potential pickpocket bait, travelers will find a nearby hotel the perfect way to catch up on some beauty sleep in a comfy and safe manner.
Should I Get a Taxi From Athens Airport to My Hotel?
If you’re looking to avoid overcharging taxis and long waiting queues, it’s best to pre-book a taxi or drop-off service before your trip.
In many cases, hotels in close quarters will offer an airport shuttle service for travelers to take (which is potentially free or with an additional charge).
What Can I Do in/Near Athens Airport During a Long Layover?
Beyond booking a stay in a fantastic airport hotel nearby, Athens has a long list of top things to do to keep you entertained.
If you’re looking for an activity in close proximity to your terminal, you can head to the main terminal building at the airport to enjoy the permanent exhibition.
Here, you’ll be able to view a wide selection of ancient archaeological artifacts and findings to pass the time.