Knossos Delights: Knossos Palace & Heraklion Food Tour with transportation
Combine the two strong cards of Crete, its heritage and its cuisine, and live an authentic Cretan experience on a Knossos Palace and Heraklion food tour that is both educational and delicious!
Combine the wonders of ancient history with modern-day culinary discoveries on our decadent Knossos Delights tour! From the colors of Minoan frescoes to the delicious sanctuary of the warm kalitsounia, discover every delight that Heraklion has to offer!
An expert licensed guide and passionate foodie
A 2-hour Knossos Palace tour
A 2-hour food tour in the city of Heraklion
Private transfers from/to Heraklion with a luxury minivan
Incite your half-day Cretan adventure with a guided tour around the marvelous Knossos Palace; the largest Bronze Age archaeological site on Crete and the ruins of Europe's oldest city. As your expert guide narrates stories from the past, let your imagination run wild and put together pictures of a glorious kingdom with mythical heroes.
Following your dive into the history of Crete, treat yourself to a delicious food tour around Heraklion. You will be introduced to the famous Cretan cuisine and you will visit off-the-beaten-path eateries to try traditional local delicacies.
Start your foodie tour at a traditional bakery in Heraklion by trying bougatsa, the traditional phyllo pie filled with custard. Continue to the central market and try kalitstounia, a delicious Cretan type of mini pastry with various different fillings, and other local-exclusive sweets and pies. The stops may vary depending on the season and personal preference, but some of the options include an olive oil and cheese tasting, a visit to an organic honey shop, and an exploration of Cretan herbs. Your last stop will take place at a traditional restaurant, where your foodie guide will introduce you to a selection of Cretan recipes to feast on!
A truly wonderful experience that combines the best of Crete; its fascinating history and mouthwatering flavors!
- Guided Knossos Palace tour
- Guided Heraklion food tour
- Services of an excellent licensed guide
- Hotel pick-up, hotel drop-off and all transfers (from and to Heraklion) with a modern vehicle
- Private English-speaking driver
- All taxes and VAT
- Entrance fees to the archaeological site of Knossos Palace
- Any additional orders or purchases
- Transportation costs: The price is inclusive of transfers from/to Heraklion. If your accommodation is located outside Heraklion, please let us know by filling out the 'Customize Tour' form above.
- This is a tour with a licensed expert guide: As we want to offer the best service to our guests, we have carefully selected expert licensed guides to ensure the best experience possible. Our team consists of a group of young professionals with expertise in the fields of Archaeology, History or graduates of the official 'Greek State School of Tour Guides.' Hence, they are well-trained to share their knowledge with the public in an exciting and fun way. Their academic background works as a springboard immersing you in the wealth of Greek culture and holding your undivided attention for the whole duration of the tour. Despite the aforementioned assets, though, it is their enthusiastic character and passion for their field of study that unquestionably guarantees you a memorable tour experience.