Private Mythology Tour of Acropolis and Acropolis Museum
Discover the myths inherited to the world from the ancient Greek civilization; stories of conquest, magical beasts, hideous crimes, betrayals, and heroism are about to be revealed on a 4-hour walking tour to the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum.
Explore the history and architecture of ancient Athens in all its glory through an amazing private mythology tour of the Acropolis and the new Acropolis Museum. Get ready to admire the masterpieces of the Golden Age and the amazing Parthenon! Complete your experience with a historical tour of the impressive Acropolis Museum to discover unique exhibitions and original artifacts from the Acropolis that date back to more than 2.500 years ago. A fascinating journey into the myths and secrets of antiquity is about to begin!
Exceptional archaeologist and licensed tourist guide
Ideal for first time visitors
Fascinating narrative around Greek mythology
Hotel-pick up on foot
Ascend to the slopes of the Acropolis rock, finding yourself at the Theater of Dionysus, the place where ancient theater got glorified. Passing by the Asklepieion, listen to the healing secrets of Asclepius, the mythological figure who was punished by Zeus for his supernatural remedies. Your path to Acropolis will soon unfold before you; stand in awe at the Propylaea, the impressive marble gate of the hill, and learn the stories of Athena Nike, the victorious deity worshiped by the Athenians. Parthenon, the monument that encapsulates the principals and values of western civilization is your next stop, where mythology was put under the service of the city of Athens. Continue by visiting the Erechtheion, the cult temple of Athena, and the actual place where according to ancient Athenians, the battle of Athena and Poseidon took place.
The Acropolis Museum, home to some of the most impressive artifacts of the ancient Greek world, will be your next destination. Your guide will show you statues, artifacts and every-day items connected to some of the most intriguing stories of the ancient Greek life. Capture the beauty of the Caryatids, the beautiful maidens that supported the porch of the Erechtheion temple, and find yourselves in the Parthenon gallery to admire the wonderful metopes -each one featuring a different mythological scene.
A truly enlightening experience that will reveal the hidden symbolism of ancient Greek mythology, this tour will be the highlight of your Athens exploration!
What you will see on this tour:
- The Theater of Dionysus
- The Propylaea and the Temple of Athena Nike
- The Parthenon
- The Erechtheion
- The Areopagus
- The Acropolis Museum and the world-famous Caryatids
- A private guided tour of the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum.
- Services of an exceptional licensed guide
- All taxes and VAT
- Acropolis and Acropolis Museum entrance fees (we can pre-purchase skip the line tickets for you)
- This is a tour with a licensed expert guide: As we want to offer the best service to our guests, we have carefully selected expert licensed guides to ensure the best experience possible. Our team consists of a group of young professionals of high expertise in the fields of Archaeology, History or graduates of the official "Greek State School of Tour Guides." Hence, they are well-trained to share their knowledge with the public in an interesting and fun way. Their academic background works as a springboard immersing you into the wealth of Greek culture and holding your undivided attention for the whole duration of the tour. Despite the aforementioned assets, though, it is their enthusiastic character and passion for their field of study that unquestionably guarantees you a memorable tour experience.