Mycenae & Nafplion Day-trip from Athens
Get a healthy dose of this lush Peloponnesian region that is colored with antiquity and culture. Visit glorious Mycenae and the impressive Corinth Canal, and enjoy your lunch in the picturesque Nafplio.
Join us for a unique full-day trip to the multifaceted Argolis peninsula! Get on your luxury vehicle and let your driver take you to the ancient town of royal Mycenae. En route to Mycenae, stop at the striking Corinth Canal to snap Instagram-perfect pictures. As soon as you step foot in the archaeological site of Mycenae, you will be awed by the fascinating site of the ancient kingdom. Explore the site alongside your licensed guide, and watch the Greek past come to life through the narration of mythical tales about the region.
The last stop of your tour will take place in the idyllic seaside town of Nafplion, known for its romantic ambiance and Venetian architecture. Take in the unique beauty of this local-beloved town, and stroll its picturesque streets, before hopping being transported back to Athens!
Enjoy a full-day trip from Athens with a fun licensed tour guide by your side
Get a quick look at the Corinth Canal - Idyllic sea view!
Visit the royal Mycenae, the kingdom of mythical Agamemnon
Stroll around Nafplion, the first capital of the Modern Greek State
Travel around the beautiful area of Argolis and enjoy the colorful scenery with herb-scented valleys and slopes planted with pine trees, magnificent seascapes, and shady gorges with lush vegetation. Start your day from Athens, hop on your private luxury vehicle, and have your first stop at a famous engineering attraction of the 19th century. Time to snap a photoshoot at the great Corinth Canal and find out about the rivalry between ancient Corinthians and ancient Athenians!
Your next stop will be at the royal Mycenae! Visit the archaeological site to marvel at the kingdom of the legendary Agamemnon through the storytelling of your personal licensed tour guide; stand in awe before the Cyclopean Walls and unravel the myth behind their construction! Explore the Royal Tombs and the Treasury of Atreus to find out about the grave goods which accompanied the buried royals. Find Lion’s Gate, and see for yourself an exemplary site of monumental sculpture that set the roots of European art.
Nafplio comes next in your adventure! One of the most romantic towns in Greece, “Napoli of the East”, welcomes you with its Venetian architecture, three castles and stunning sea views! Relax in the picturesque alleyways of the city and take your time to take some snaps that will make your visit unforgettable.
Argolis – an area inhabited since the Neolithic era - the land of juicy oranges, awaits you to indulge in its beauty!
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Services of an exceptional licensed tour guide
- Stop at the impressive Corinth Canal
- Guided tour of Mycenae and Nafplion
- Services of a professional English-speaking driver
- All taxes
- Meals and personal expenses
- Entrance fees
- This is a tour with a licensed expert guide: As we want to offer the best service to our guests, we have carefully selected expert licensed guides to ensure the best experience possible. Our team consists of a group of young professionals of high expertise in the fields of Archaeology, History or graduates of the official "Greek State School of Tour Guides." Hence, they are well-trained to share their knowledge with the public in an interesting and fun way. Their academic background works as a springboard immersing you in the wealth of Greek culture and holding your undivided attention for the whole duration of the tour. Despite the aforementioned assets, though, it is their enthusiastic character and passion for their field of study that unquestionably guarantees you a memorable tour experience.