Acropolis Delights: Acropolis & Athens Food Tour
Enjoy a 4-hour walking tour in Athens and please both your palate and wanderlust with an unforgettable visit to the Acropolis and Athens Central Market. Try delicacies from all over Greece under the shadow of the sanctuary of Athena.
Let us introduce you to Athens through the beauty of the ancient Acropolis and the mouth-watering delights of Athenian cuisine. In the company of our expert guide, embark on a unique private tour that blends mythology and gastronomy in a way that will leave you utterly enchanted with our mythical city!
Enjoy personal attention from your expert licensed guide
Combine the breath-taking Acropolis with the mouth-watering foodie scene of Athens
Explore Athens Central Market, the liveliest & most original part of the city
Receive your skip-the-line tickets to Acropolis from us
Beginning on the slopes of the Acropolis, enter the sacred hill through the Propylaea, its imposing marble gate. Marvel at the inspired construction of the Parthenon and learn about the eras of worship and destruction it has faced throughout the centuries. Set your eyes upon the ethereal Erechtheion and its iconic Caryatids, the fair maidens that support the beautiful structure. With your deeply knowledgeable and passionate guide, learn about the history, legends, and myths that envelop this ancient site and enjoy breath-taking views across Athens and out to the Aegean.
Next, it’s time to turn your journey through antiquity into one of gastronomy! Discover the very best of Athens’ foodie scene by tasting delights such as home-made dishes, 'koulouri', 'loukoumades' and many more local favorites. Get to know the locals at the vibrant Athens Central Market and see the huge variety of fresh meat, fish, vegetables, and fruits on display. Discover specialist stalls, bursting with colorful and aromatic herbs, spices and condiments; meet with true artisans, who will show you how much time, dedication and love goes into producing their treasured delicacies.
Let your taste buds sore as you sample cheeses from across Greece, irresistible cold cuts and perfectly prepared Greek coffee. In Greece, we know how to feed people - fresh, delicious food and plenty of it (no morsel bites here), so be sure to come hungry!
- Services of an exceptional licensed guide
- All food and drink tastings (enough for lunch)
- Loads of culinary, cultural & historical anecdotes
- All taxes and VAT
- Acropolis entrance fees (we can pre-purchase skip the line tickets for you)
- Any transfers
- We CAN provide food substitutions for vegetarians, and we can customize the tour to include gluten-free options or any other kind of dietary restrictions. Please send us an inquiry.
- This is a tour with a licensed expert guide: As we want to offer the best service to our guests, we have carefully selected expert licensed guides to ensure the best experience possible. Our team consists of a group of young professionals of high expertise in the fields of Archaeology, History or graduates of the official "Greek State School of Tour Guides." Hence, they are well-trained to share their knowledge with the public in an interesting and fun way. Their academic background works as a springboard immersing you into the wealth of Greek culture and holding your undivided attention for the whole duration of the tour. Despite the aforementioned assets, though, it is their enthusiastic character and passion for their field of study that unquestionably guarantees you a memorable tour experience.