From Heraklion: Knossos Palace and Archaeological Museum Tour Including Transportation
Emerge yourself into the rich history and culture of Crete with a tour around the Palace of Knossos and the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion!
Delve into the history and mythology of Crete to discover the first European civilization. Explore the Palace of Knossos along with the unique exhibits of the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion and let the stories of the past ignite your imagination. Discover the secrets of the historical site, appreciate its allure and make your trip to Crete both enjoyable and educational with an expedition across Crete’s heritage!
A licensed archaeologist guide
Visit the world-renowned Palace of Knossos
Explore the exhibits of the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion
Private transfers from and to Heraklion with a modern minivan
Admire the legendary Palace of Knossos, the historical site connected to the story of Daedalus and Icarus, the labyrinth where the fearsome Minotaur used to live, and the love story of Theseus and Ariadne.
Your expert guide will walk you around the impressive facilities, including the Throne Room of King Minos and the colorful frescoes of the Blue Ladies, narrating tales that will unfold the story of the first civilization of Europe.
Following the exploration of the palace, your next stop will be at the Archaeological Museum of Knossos. Located in the heart of the city of Heraklion and recently renovated, the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion hosts the fresco of the Prince of the Lilies and the Phaistos Disc, known as one of the X-files of ancient Greece, among other exhibits.
Discover with the help of your guide all the secrets the museum’s exhibits hold and educate yourself on the impressive accomplishments of the ancient civilization. Your tour will come to an end with you being awed by the brilliance of our ancestors and a promise to return to Crete as soon as possible!
- Private guided tour with a licensed archaeologist guide
- Private transfer to Knossos from Heraklion city
- Entrance fees to Knossos Palace and the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion
- Snacks, water, meals
- You can optionally upgrade your tour with 3D iPads. View the long-lost ancient colors, frescoes, statues, and objects of the Minoan Palace of Knossos using 3D reconstruction technology. See with your eyes the entire palace complex reconstructed based on the latest scholarly research!
- This is a tour with a licensed expert guide: As we want to offer the best service to our guests, we have carefully selected expert licensed guides to ensure the best experience possible. Our team consists of a group of young professionals of high expertise in the fields of Archaeology, History or graduates of the official 'Greek State School of Tour Guides.' Hence, they are well-trained to share their knowledge with the public in an exciting and fun way. Their academic background works as a springboard immersing you in the wealth of Greek culture and holding your undivided attention for the whole duration of the tour. Despite the aforementioned assets, though, it is their enthusiastic character and passion for their field of study that unquestionably guarantees you a memorable tour experience.