Acropolis for Families Tour
Bring your loved ones together on this specially designed family tour of Athens’ most iconic site; the Acropolis! Your kid-friendly guide will take you on a journey back to ancient times and mythical wanderings.
Join us for an unforgettable family tour of the Acropolis and gain intriguing insight into the fascinating tales that surround the world-famous Parthenon temple. Follow your family-friendly guide through the secret pathways of history, while keeping your little ones engaged through entertaining puzzles and animated story-telling. Marvel at the famous masterpiece of the Acropolis for a fascinating experience that every family member will enjoy!
Specially-designed educational material for the Acropolis shared after the experience via email
Services of a family-expert licensed guide
Guided tour to the monuments of the Acropolis Hill, including the Parthenon and the Erechtheion
An engaging experience for the whole family
Follow our expert guide on a unique Acropolis family tour and discover the legendary myths of the 'cradle of western civilization'! As you walk past the sacred rock, the sights rise up to greet you through revealing stories at every spot encountered. Learn about the Propylaea, the marble gate of the Acropolis, and stand in awe before the Temple of Nike, the goddess of victory in ancient Greece, as your guide keeps your little ones spellbound!
A carefully developed booklet will complement the guide's story-telling while serving as a source of information that will introduce children to the rich history of the hill. Follow the battle between goddess Athena and Poseidon for the naming of the city; who won and why? Uncover the stories behind the first mythical king of Athens and spot the sacred olive tree that has been a symbol of power for the ancient city-state throughout the centuries. Marvel at the real Greek maidens – Caryatids – that support the Erechtheion and find the secret spot where Zeus stroke his thunderbolt according to the legend! The mythology around the monuments of the Acropolis combined with interesting puzzles and captivating questions included in the booklets will make the little ones stop dead on their tracks!
Do you want to time-travel and see the Acropolis exactly as it was during the glorious Golden Age? Opt for a 3D Acropolis iPad to watch the Parthenon and the surrounding monuments vibrant and colorful, carrying the glory of the past!
- A 2-hour guided tour of the Acropolis
- Specially designed educational material for the kids
- Services of a family-friendly licensed guide
- Entrance fees for the Acropolis (we can pre-purchase skip the line tickets for you)
- This is a tour with a licensed expert guide: As we want to offer the best service to our guests, we have carefully selected expert licensed guides to ensure the best experience possible. Our team consists of a group of young professionals of high expertise in the fields of Archaeology, History or graduates of the official "Greek State School of Tour Guides." Hence, they are well-trained to share their knowledge with the public in an interesting and fun way. Their academic background works as a springboard immersing you in the wealth of Greek culture and holding your undivided attention for the whole duration of the tour. Despite the aforementioned assets, though, it is their enthusiastic character and passion for their field of study that unquestionably guarantees you a memorable tour experience.
- Skip the Line Tickets: As an additional service, we will pre-purchase your tickets to the Acropolis site to ensure you do not have to wait in lines. We value your time!