Discover one of the many fascinating ancient archeological sites in the Peloponnese followed by an essential wind-down session where you will taste the area’s most prestigious wines!
Nemea Myth and Wine Tour
Join us for a truly decadent tour filled with exquisite wines, delicious Greek food, dramatic mythology and breathtaking scenery in a region considered to be the crown jewel of Greek viticulture; Nemea. Visit the site where Hercules slew the fearsome Lion of Nemea, enjoy wines at two prestigious vineyards and end your day with a hearty 5-course dinner accompanied with award-winning wine from this fertile region.
- A 6hr tasting tour designed to immerse you in Nemean viticulture and show you the ancient sites of the region!
- Led by an expert guide and archaeologist, oenologists and vintners.
- Hear exciting tales of ancient Greek mythology and explore impressive archaeological ruins.
- Enjoy wine tasting at two different wineries, accompanying cheese platters, a take-home map of the wineries and a 5 course dinner at the end of your day in Nemea.
- A perfect blend of mythology, history, gastronomy and the ultimate tour for any wine-lover!
- Can be organised as a day trip from Nafplio, Athens or for those staying in the Nemea region- simply let us know!
What you can expect?
Begin your day in Nemea at the Temple of Hercules built to honour the site where our fearless hero succeeded in the first of his twelve labours. Hear from your expert guide how Hercules defeated the Nemean Lion whose golden fur was impervious to any attack from a mortal weapon. From the mythological feats of bravery, we take you to discover another talent the ancients had, other than story-telling: winemaking! At a local winery taste 3-5 of their best wines from deep reds to refreshing whites to summertime rosés, while you learn about modern Greek wine and taste a variety of cheeses from across Greece.
We continue on to the ancient site of Nemea where your local, expert guide and archaeologist will show you the Temple of Nemean Zeus, the pride of the ancient Macedonian’s building programme. Discover why Nemean Zeus was not of the same character as the fulminating Olympian Zeus and see the impressive Ancient Stadium that was built in 330 B.C and still holds games to this day!
From the intrigues of the ancient era, it is time for your next foray into modern Greek wines. At your second winery we give you an introduction to the deep, ruby red variety of Agiorgitiko. A captivating wine with aromatic complexity and a smooth finish, you will discover for yourself the excellence of this variety as you taste 3 to 5 different wines accompanied by cheeses specially selected to complement these labels.
In the warm surroundings of a manor house -once the seat of Lazopoulos, a family of vintners- sit down to a delicious 5 course dinner of traditional dishes made with fresh, local produce. As the sun sets enjoy your evening with good food, good company and of course, the finest wines of the Nemea region.
- Guided tour with an excellent licensed guide
- Entrance fees to the archaeological site
- Two wineries visit & Wine Tasting of 3-5 labels with a cheese plate in each Winery
- Services of an excellent local guide
- Map of the wineries
- Anything else you would like to order or purchase
FOOD SUBS: We CAN provide food substitutions for vegetarians.
What is the tour language?
The tour is available in English.
What should I bring with me?
Prepare yourself for an exciting walk & don’t forget your hat, sunglasses, sun-block and a bottle of water. Βring along your camera so you can capture the most beautiful spots of Nemea. Needless to say that wearing comfortable shoes is an absolute must!
Can you pick us up from our hotel?
Absolutely! Your driver and expert guide will pick you up from the lobby of your hotel. Please send us an inquiry.
Is it difficult for older people to follow the group?
Not at all! We will walk at a moderate pace so it will be a pleasant experience for everyone.
What are the acceptable payment methods?
All services booked through the website of Greeking.me are paid via PayPal or credit card. Once you make your payment, we will issue a voucher & send it to you via email. Please bring it with you on the day of the tour, as proof of purchase.
What happens in case of rain?
Fortunately the weather in Greece is mild and warm for most of the year. In case of rain, though, you will be timely notified about any changes to your scheduled walk.