Do you have what it takes to dance like the Cretans do? Experience an authentic Cretan feast where you will learn how to dance the night away; regain your energy with a hearty meal and, of course, lots of wine.
Dance and eat like a local in Crete
Are you ready to feel the real Cretan vibe? Dance your evening away with our “Dance and eat like a local” experience in a traditional Cretan Village and feel the Greek folk music in your core. Join us for a unique Greek dance lesson and follow us to an authentic Cretan feast. Have fun like a local with lots of dance, food and drinks!
- Private transfer - Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Enjoy an 1,5 hour private dance lesson and get an insight into the meaning of dance in local people’s culture
- An experienced and competent dance instructor will teach you popular Greek and Cretan dances
- A rich dinner with Cretan appetizers, main course and dessert.
- Dance show with professional Cretan dancers in traditional costumes
- Enjoy dancing with local dancers
- Ideal for small groups & perfect for all ages and skill levels
- Extend your experience to a full day immersion in Cretan Culture. Choose among traditional activities, such as Cretan cooking lesson, bread kneading, preparing Greek coffee with Cretan desserts and more!
What you can expect?
Time for an experience that will take you to the heart of Cretan culture! Visit a traditional Cretan villagejust 30 minutes away from Heraklion city center and live an unforgettable Cretan experience! You will stroll around cobblestoned laneways and discover a traditional village as it used to be fifty years ago.
Your dance class takes place at the village square overlooking the Cretan fields. An experienced Greek dance teacher will introduce you to the magic of local folk music and will show you the most popular Greek and Cretan dances step by step. You will join the dancing circle holding each other’s hands and follow the steps feeling the energy of the musical rhythm. At the end of the lesson, a small gift will be waiting for you to take back home: a CD with Greek and Cretan music!
Time has come to practice what you’ve learnt! All roads lead to a Cretan feast – or “glendi” in Greek - that has it all: dance, Cretan food and lots of punchy wine! Professional Cretan dancers will perform on the stage and you will join them for a night of dancing fun!
- A 1.5-hour dancing lesson with an excellent teacher in a Cretan traditional village.
- A delicious hearty dinner in the village square with live Greek music.
- Home-made wine and mineral water.
- Anything else you would like to order.
Know before you book :
- You can book this activity privately. Please check the "Send Inquiry" tab.
What is the spoken language?
The spoken language is English.
When do I need to be there?
After we arrive at the village, our tour begins at 6.00 p.m. (from April to October) & we would like to start on time as to avoid delays & exploit our time in the best way.
What should I bring with me?
Prepare yourself for an enthralling experience. The only things you will need is lots of energy & a big smile. Needless to say that wearing comfortable clothes & shoes is an absolute must!
Can you pick us up from our hotel?
Since the tour is private, hotel pick-up and drop-off are included, unless another meeting point is specified
Is it difficult for older people to follow the group?
Not at all! We will have fun while learning how to dance the most popular Greek dances. All of them are easy to follow & you don’t have to be fit to participate, just eager to learn!
Is it child friendly?
Yes! Our little friends will enjoy themselves dancing in the rhythm of the music. Just keep in mind that afterwards we will dine in a traditional place, so make sure they won’t feel sleepy or tired!
*Please note that alcohol consumption is strictly forbidden for persons below 18 years of age.
Are there any extra costs?
No. The costs include a 1.5-hour dancing lesson of popular Greek dances as well as a hearty dinner in a traditional place. Home-made wine and mineral water are also included in the price.
What are the acceptable payment methods?
All services booked through the website of Greeking.me are paid via PayPal or credit card. Once you make your payment, we will issue a voucher & send it to you via email. Please bring it with you on the day of the tour, as proof of purchase.
What happens in case of rain?
Fortunately the weather in Greece is mild and warm for most of the year. In case of rain, though, you will be timely notified about any changes to your scheduled walk.