Indulge in tour than includes Cretan wine and a visit to a Cretan herb farm and see the culinary culture of the island through a local’s lens!
From Chania/Rethymno: Cretan Herb Farm & Wine Full-day Tour
Combine the two most beloved elements of Crete: its food and its wine in a tour that will take you around an organic Cretan herb farm and will give you the opportunity to taste luscious local wine. Taste the fine distinction between the fresh herbs as well as the incredible aromas Cretan wine is known for across the world and you’ll remember this day for the rest of your life!
Start this unconventional tour with a visit to an organic Cretan herb farm, where you will be introduced to the hundreds of herbs the Cretan land generously offers its local by a professional agronomist. Get up close and personal with nature and have a unique experience no big-city resident has ever had the chance to have: harvest mountain tea, along with other herbs, to make your own tea blend!
Following your immersion into the Greek herb philosophy, take a short walk to the entrance of the striking Samaria Gorge to revel in the incredible views it offers, and snap some pictures to immortalize this fascinating adventure.
Next up is everyone’s favorite Greek element: wine! Visit the recognized winery of Manousakis and pair the local aromatic wine with traditional Greek dishes for an idyllic lunch located in the middle of the winery’s gardens. What’s on the table is fresh out of the farm, while the wine of the popular winery is from some of the most sought-after labels produced on the island, using both indigenous and international grapes organically grown in the Manousakis vineyards.
A day close to nature and its flavors, this Cretan Herb Farm and Wine Full-day tour will meet and surpass your expectations!
- Visits to a herb farm and a winery
- Herb harvesting and blending, herb tea tasting
- Wine-tasting of at least 7 varieties
- Farm to table lunch in the winery
- Return transfers to and from pick up point
- Complimentary bottled water and refreshments
- Services of an expert guide
- Any additional orders or purchases
- All personal expenses
Know before you go
- We can accommodate all dietary restrictions. Just let us know upon booking so we can make the necessary arrangements.
- Transportation charges may vary if pick up location is more than 10km from the center of Chania or Rethymno
- Tour is available as private for pick-up from Heraklion, too.
Absolutely perfect. The wine was to-die-for and the herb tour was one for the books! The lunch was truly idyllic not only due to its flavor but to its fairy-like setting right in the middle of the winery's gardens! 10/10!