Athens is a huge, buzzing city, home to more than 4,000,000 people. By being one of the most ancient cities in Europe and with a history of more than 7000 years, it offers an unforgettable experience to every traveler. Spending time in this city and scheduling an itinerary is certainly not an issue; with 10 major museums and dozens of smaller ones, numerous archaeological sites from different time-periods, countless art-galleries and a super-active city life, Athens can surely satisfy the needs and taste of anyone!
Summer in the city though can sometimes prove to be a bit suffocating. If that is the case, you can select an island located close to Athens (some of them just 1 hour away from dowtown Athens) so you can enjoy the ideal city-break! Some of these islands are Salamis and Agkistri (less popular choices), Aegina island, Hydra & Kea (or 'Tzia').
Why restrict yourself to one Greek island when you can experience several? When visiting Greece put the saying ‘the more the merrier’ to practice and visit as many as the idyllic islands you possibly can! The island-hopping in Greece guide may help you with local tips and suggestions on how to select the ideal islands and which routes to follow.
What better way to explore your favorite Greek island in the privacy of a modern, luxury vehicle? Our guides are all well-trained expert locals, ready to customize the itinerary of your private tour according to your wishes. Our island highlights tours have a duration of either 4-5 hours (half day) or 8 hours (full day) and are the best way to discover the hidden corners and secrets of the islands of your choice.
Some of our luxury Greek island tours include:
- Corfu highlights private tour (half day): Ideal for 1st time visitors, this tour includes a visit to the most iconic attractions of Corfu island such as Achilleion Palace, Kanoni neighbourhood and of ccourse the UNESCO protected old town of Corfu.
- Santorini bespoke private tour (half/full day): The tour itinerary is totally flexible and can be customized to your needs; your local driver-guide can also make suggestions bout the top attractions of Santorini island. You can visit the tour page in order to see sample itineraries.
- Mykonos highlights private tour (half day): One of our most popular tours in Mykonos island. The itinerary includes the most popular Mykonos sights such as the old town, village of Ano Mera, the Monastery of Panagia Tourliani, the Windmills & the most beautiful beaches of the island.
- Naxos highlights tour (half day): During this 5-hour tour you will discover the most valued attractions of Naxos island such as the Temple of Demeter and Apollo, the 'marble village' of Apeiranthos and the the Museum of Olive Press where you'll enjoy an olive oil session. Itinerary is flexible and based on your hotel's location (complimentary pick-up is included).
We have teamed-up with local yacht companies in the most popular Greek islands in order to offer you some unique sailing experiences:
- Santorini sailing trip: A 5-hour semi-private (day/sunset) sailing experience with swimming & snorkeling stops and even a visit to the volcanic hot springs of Santorini! Of course, full Greek meal is cooked and served on board.
- Mykonos sunset sailing cruise: Available from May to September, this 2,5-hour Mykonos sailing experience can be the romantic highlight of your trip to Greece!
- Naxos sailing trip: This is a full-day (about 8 hours) sailing trip to the small Cyclades islands: Iraklia, Koufonissi and Schoinoussa. An experience ideal for both families and couples.
- Corfu sailing trip: Take your trip to the island of the Phaeacians to the next level; hop on a luxurious, traditional wooden boat and experience Corfu like no other!
We have created many tours for singles taking place in the Greek islands; small-group and semi-private tours may be a very popular choice as you can join the tour of your preference by joining a small group of fellow travelers! Some of these tours include our popular Santorini walking food tour, the day-trip to 7 traditional villages in Chania, a sunset cruise in Paros or even a cooking class in Mykonos!