Are you anxious to try all of the local delicacies Athens has to offer while still seeing all the significant sights? This mouth-watering adventure guarantees you telling the most flavorful Athenian stories back home.
3-Day Culinary Trip to Athens
This 3-day Culinary Trip to Athens will help you uncover the gastronomic treasures that are hidden in the streets of the city. Begin your food odyssey, with a night stroll through the picturesque streets of Athens to a traditional taverna where mezedes and wines from across Greece await you. Enjoy a tour across the most important sites of Athens along with your deeply knowledgeable guide in the comfort of a luxury van. Get hands-on and cook for yourselves traditional Greek recipes guided by a local chef. Lastly, indulge in an extensive Athens foodie tour that includes a visit to Athens' Central Market!
Airport/port pick-up and transfer to our accommodation
Your driver will pick you up from the airport/port in a luxury vehicle, taking you to your accommodation in order for you to settle in and prepare yourself for your first Athenian exploit.
Athens by Night food tour and Wine-tasting (Optional / depending on the time of your arrival)
Start your tour at Syntagma Square and walk the illuminated streets of the city your local foodie guide to your first stop; a modern local deli, where you will try a variety of traditional Greek meze along with traditional raki, the beloved Greek spirit. Continue to Monastiraki Square, the place where all time periods of Athens meet and stroll through Psirri, where you'll stop for mouth-watering dishes of creative Greek cuisine. Afterward, follow your expert guide to a local wine bar and taste 5 different indigenous Greek varieties under the guidance of an experienced wine connoisseur!
09.00-13:00 Acropolis and City Exploration Tour
Your day of exploration will start with your expert guide picking you from your hotel on foot. You'll walk to the Acropolis Hill to witness the city's impressive past and stand in awe before the architectural masterpieces of ancient Greece, including the famous Parthenon, the Erechtheion, the Temple of Athena Nike and the Propylaia. Then, you'll take a scenic stroll around the most attractive neighborhoods of Athens, such as Plaka, to familiarize yourself with the city and see its beauty from up close.
16:00-19:30 Greek Cooking Class
Master the art of creating traditional Greek recipes under the guidance of a professional chef! Over the course of a 2.5-hour workshop, you will learn the ‘tricks of the trade’ of making homemade and quintessentially Greek dishes, such as gemista, the star of Greek Cuisine that both locals and visitors love. After all your hard work, enjoy your tasty creations, washed down with a glass of wine or beverage of your choice. Get introduced to Athens' culinary culture and get one step closer to understanding Greece.
- 10:00-14:00 Athens for Foodies: A Greek Gastronomy Tour
Begin your morning with a greek gastronomy tour that will take you to off-the-beaten-path eateries to taste the best Athenian culinary offerings. Start in Syntagma square along with your local foodie guide and stroll down Athens' neighborhoods while visiting the best food hubs along the way. Discover the local produce with a fascinating visit to Athens' Central Market, where a huge variety of fresh fruit, vegetables, seafood, and meat are on display. Stop at traditional family-run delis and restaurants and enjoy 15 different flavors of Greek cuisine!
16:00-21:00 Sounio Sunset Tour with Swimming Stop (Time depends on the season)
In the comfort of your luxury vehicle, cruise the Athenian Riviera and visit the most beloved place of Lord Byron and the resting place of King Aegeus; the Temple of Poseidon. Overlooking the cerulean blues of the Saronic Gulf, spend an evening taking in the beauty of Cape Sounio and Poseidon’s magnificent temple. Discover the tales and legends of this ancient place. If you feel up for it, stop on your way to Sounio for a swim at Lake Vouliagmeni; you won't regret it!
Drop off at the airport - Departure
Your driver will pick you up from your hotel and take you to the airport in plenty of time to catch your flight home. Our goal is to completely eliminate the element of stress from your Greek vacation!
- Enjoying a carefully-designed itinerary to satisfy the food enthusiasts in you; combine the best sites of Athens with the best Greek flavors
- Avoiding unnecessary waiting with skip-the-line tickets provided for your convenience
- Luxuriating in private transfers to ensure a comfortable and stress-free trip
- Having knowledgable local guides accompany you in your Greek culinary & cultural adventures
Andronis Athens BC is a boutique, centrally located hotel that aims to offer its guests the time of their lives and wrap them in style and comfort.
Athens Capital Center Hotel is a 5-star hotel in downtown Athens that offers unmatched services in an idyllic setting of opulence and glamor.
Electra Metropolis is a 5-star hotel that offers luxurious facilities and services along with a convenient central location that will give you an authentic Athens experience.
Ergon House Athens is a luxury foodie hotel that will make your stay in the historic city a deliciously rich experience.
These are our top accommodation options for this trip. Please keep in mind that the accommodation cost is not included in this trip's price. We only feature particular hand-picked hotels, which our team has carefully inspected. These hotels have received great feedback from our previous guests.
- Airport pick-up (arrival) / Airport drop-off (departure) and all private transfers mentioned in the description
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Acropolis & the Temple of Poseidon
- All private guided tours/workshops mentioned in the description
- Services of our knowledgable local guides
- All applicable taxes and VAT
- Accommodation is not included, however, it can be arranged upon request.
- Meals are not included, apart from the dishes offered on our food tours.
Your Trip at a glance
- Arrival – pick up and hotel drop-off
- Night food tour and wine tasting (depending on the time of your arrival)
- Acropolis and City Exploration Tour
- Greek Cooking Class
- Athens for Foodies: A Greek Gastronomy Tour
- Sounio Sunset Tour with Swimming Stop
- Airport Drop-Off / Departure
We believe in a certain way of traveling. And this does not include big bus tour groups, nor large chain hotels or just crossing destinations off your list.
- immerse yourself in the culture and the landscape of your destination
- take a moment to appreciate your surroundings and not hop from one destination to another
- exploit your limited time with the help of a knowledgeable guide who will open your eyes about what you see and give you a real perspective of living in this country
- trust an experienced, local travel specialist with whom you will design a trip tailored to your needs, avoiding endless research and first-timer mistakes
And this is what we strive to do. Either you join one of our small-group tours or design a private trip just for you, we are here to help you experience Greece in a meaningful, authentic way.
This is a tour you have to do, if you want to explore all the culinary secrets of Athens. We discovered places and foods that would never had found on our own and explored the city like true locals!