- Most Santorini hotels with caldera views boast unique features, including luxurious pools, restaurants, and activities.
- The Santorini Caldera is a magical and awe-inspiring natural wonder with stunning views.
- The combination of Greece and the ancient Minoan volcanic eruption resulted in a unique landscape with crystal blue waters and beautiful islands.
- Santorini offers an opportunity to enjoy breathtaking sea views from traditional Cycladic-style hotel rooms.
The Santorini caldera is a magical place - a beautiful natural wonder that the gods would be in awe of.
What do you get when you combine Greece and the Minoan volcanic eruption almost 70,000 years ago? You get a cavity in the Earth surrounded by crystal blue waters and gorgeous islands.
What if we told you that you could enjoy the spectacular sea views that Greece offers not only by getting around Santorini but also from the comfort of your traditional Cycladic-style hotel room? Well, look no further than Santorini. This island offers breathtaking views of the famous Caldera.
So, if you are wondering where to stay in Santorini with this gorgeous scenery, this guide has got you covered. Let’s dive right into the six fantastic hotels in Santorini with panoramic caldera views.
Villa Bordeaux, Fira
This newly renovated luxury hotel also combines a stunning combination of neoclassical and modern decor. cave
One thing is sure - you’ll feel a sense of luxury and opulence as though you’re Plutus himself and revel in its romantic atmosphere.
Why We Love It:
- This hotel holds the largest panoramic pool in Fira, Santorini, where you can swim and lounge to your heart’s content.
- If privacy is important to you, then the luxury suites will be right up your alley.
- Get a unique taste of French cuisine at the only French-themed restaurant in Santorini that combines French, Mediterranean, and classic food in Greece.
Cavo Tagoo Santorini, Imerovigli
Cavo Tagoo in Santorini provides a comfortable, modern interior in each specially designed suite and the opportunities of a lifetime.
Want to enjoy the scenery from the pool? You can. How about an extraordinary helicopter tour over the Caldera? You can do that too. This hotel offers it all.
Why We Love It:
- The Vezenes restaurant serves delectable Greek Pyros and open-fire cuisine that is both authentic and delicious. Don’t forget to relax a bit and have a cocktail while you’re there.
- Cavo Tagoo offers various activities catered to your stay, where you can enjoy anything from yacht rental, helicopter rides, or private tours of Santorini.
- If the outdoor swimming pool isn’t enough, this hotel offers suites with access to a hot tub, so you can take it easy and enjoy the panoramic view of the Caldera.
Athina Luxury Suites, Fira
Athina Luxury Suites lies in the gorgeous area of Fira, Santorini - an unbeatable location to discover and experience local customs.
This luxury boutique hotel boasts opulent and beautifully decorated rooms and outdoor areas that make for spectacular views of the Caldera and sea below.
Why We Love It:
- Each of the 12 uniquely decorated rooms provides a sense of luxury and comfort - the perfect way to end off your day.
- The small luxury hotel offers private wine tasting and tours - Dionysus would approve. These experiences will also keep you enthralled in Greek culture.
- The café bar is the perfect spot to grab a drink and catch the sunset over the deep blue waters - that’s what you’re here for, after all.
Andronis Luxury Suites, Oia
Luxury, comfort, and relaxation meet in this marvelous location, etched into the side of the steep cliffside. In Andronis Luxury Suites, you can experience some of Greece’s best sites while looking over Oia’s famous Caldera sunsets.
Why We Love It:
- Andronis offers Oia suites and private villas, each with access to a hot tub or one of the incredible infinity pools throughout the hotel.
- The Lycabettus Restaurant will undoubtedly be one of the highlights of your trip. Award-winning chef Christos Karagiannis brings the taste of Greece to a plate with only the best local ingredients.
- Wind down and get treated like a Greek god in the Mare Sanus Spa - what could be better than a spa treatment fit for a god or goddess?
Perivolas Hotel, Oia
The stark white interiors, coupled with vibrant pops of color, create an inviting and contemporary experience for any and everyone.
Not to mention the incredible views of the Caldera from the private terraces and infinity pools. It is no wonder why Perivolas Hotel is in a dream location.
Why We Love It:
- If you want to keep working on your fitness, you’re in luck. The Perivolas Fitness Center, fit for Adonis, offers access to state-of-the-art gym equipment and fitness classes.
- The views, coupled with the tantalizing cuisine, make Perivolas an amazing wedding destination for couples on their special day. Or perhaps you’d be interested in a honeymoon in Greece?
- The views of the Aegean Sea and Caldera are unbeatable. Picture yourself lounging in one of the serene blue infinity pools, enjoying the glorious sight before you. It’s pretty perfect, isn’t it?
San Antonio Santorini Hotel, Imerovigli
Located at the narrowest point of Santorini lies a bundle of stark white and rust-colored brick buildings - San Antonio Hotel. You can take a moment to enjoy the incredible gastronomy that this hotel has to offer.
You’ll also find a unique perspective of the volcanic Caldera and the stunning azure ocean beneath, creating one of the most breathtaking scenes.
Why We Love It:
- Each of the eight hotel rooms gives you a view of Poseidon’s domain - the dreamy blue ocean.
- The Sun Lounge Bar or the Cliff Side Dinner Restaurant will take you and your taste buds on a journey of immaculate flavors.
- The lounge areas and magnificent infinity pool all have the same incredible caldera view you can share with someone special. This luxury hotel fits the bill as one of the most gorgeous Greek romantic locations.
Final Thoughts on the Best Luxury Hotels in Santorini with Caldera View
Greece’s beauty was never in question. The stunning natural wonder of the Caldera settled in Santorini is a marvel in its own right.
If you are planning a trip to Greece anytime soon, consider adding Santorini to your list. From a private pool ( either a plain private swimming pool or a private heated pool) to a private balcony or the most luxurious honeymoon suite, your romantic getaway will be upgraded with a stay in Santorini that will resemble a real-life fairytale.
Of course, there are many more amazing Santorini hotels than the ones listed, including some of the best adult-only hotels in Greece, with honorable mentions, including Canaves Oia Suites, Astra Suites, Cocoon Suites, Grace Hotel, and Katikies Hotel. However, these are our favorite picks that meet all of our high standards.
Both big and small luxury hotels - or boutique hotels- are unmatched and are the perfect places to take your trip to the next. There is no reason for you not to enjoy the ultimate luxury experience!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You See the Caldera in Santorini?
There are a few ways to benefit from the Caldera view in Santorini, but the best way is to visit prime locations.
You can see the Caldera from practically anywhere on the island, but here are the top three places to go:
- Fira: The capital of Santorini is a hotspot for ships and boats to pass, adding an extra charm to the Caldera and ocean views below.
- Oia: Oia is best for views of the Caldera during sunset, which contrasts beautifully with the stark white buildings within the village.
- Akrotiri Lighthouse: Akrotiri Lighthouse is definitely one of the best viewpoints and gives you a high vantage point to enjoy the marvelous scenes below.
Which Side of Santorini is Better?
It’s always challenging to choose a favorite, especially when Santorini as a whole is so stunning. However, the west coast is best for more impressive and unobstructed caldera views.
How Many Days Should You Spend in Santorini?
This all depends on what you’re looking for in your trip. Any time spent in Santorini is well worth your time, so a good experience can range anywhere from one to five days.
Be sure to look at our suggested Santorini itineraries to see which length of stay suits you best.